Rachel Leigh Hymel
909 Texas Street Loft #707 Houston, Texas 77002
Phone: (713) 236-0176, Fax: (713) 229-8623, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Hymel Multimedia / Owner and Founder October 2004 – Present
- Freelance Photography
- Legal Videography-Certified Court Video Specialist (CCVS)
- Non-linear Digital Video Editing
- Synchronization of Deposition Transcript and Video
- CD and DVD Production
- Website Design and Maintenance
- Creation of Multimedia Presentations
- Graphic Design
- Visionary Trial Presentation Software Distributor
Chard Squared / Owner and Founder January, 1998 – October 2004
Chard Squared is a successful, independent consulting and design firm focusing on the creative needs of today's
legal, business, engineering and educational professionals. After starting at zero and experiencing steady growth with no outside investment, Chard Squared has been able to achieve and sustain six figure annual
revenues. Our firm attracts clients and casework from across the state and throughout the country. Local clients include The Perdue Law Firm, The Talaska Law Firm, The Law Office of Howard Nations, Jenkens &
Gilchrist, Cooper Scully, Baylor College of Medicine, AIM Investments and S&B Engineering, among others.
- Responsible for company creation, management, marketing and business development.
- Establish and utilize an in-house production process, ensuring accuracy and admission, to create legal animation for use in settlement, mediation and trial. No Chard Squared legal animation has ever been thrown
out of court or barred from use in trial.
- Interview legal clients to gather information for projects, write scripts and estimate costs.
- Create custom demonstrative evidence for 60 different law firms nationwide on more than 110 plaintiff and defense cases, incorporating 3D computer animation, photography, custom graphics, digital video,
Powerpoint displays and posters and deliver them in a timely manner.
- Design, develop and implement cohesive corporate identity/marketing campaigns through the creation and distribution of graphic print materials (logos, letterhead suites, brochures, advertisements and catalogs),
written marketing materials (firm histories, employee profiles, company policies), video demonstrations (VHS, CD and DVD) and award winning websites.
- Plan, design, create, code and publish dozens of unique legal and business websites.
- Photograph portraits, events, accident/industrial sites, evidence and commercial products.
- Draft and deliver speeches on successful presentation skills.
- Plan trade show booths, displays, signage and organize presentation of audio-visual demos.
- Attend/exhibit at several continuing legal education seminars annually, concentrating on product/service demos and face-to-face interaction with new and existing clients.
Biodyne, Inc. / Art Director, Administrator, Founding Employee May, 1992 – January, 1998
Biodyne was a new computer technology company, dedicated to the creation of computer animation for the legal/medical
industries as well as computer sales, assembly and support.
- Corporate duties: office management and creation of administrative polices.
- Marketing responsibilities: design, development & implement corporate identity, brochures, product and service demonstrations and cultivation of clients.
- Creative efforts: design and create exhibits for 50 legal cases encompassing research, animation scripting, storyboarding, titling, photography, illustration and image editing.
The Battalion / Graphic Artist January, 1992 – May, 1992
- Initiate a digital graphics system as this daily newspaper's first graphic artist.
- Create a new logo and masthead.
- Design custom illustrations, informational graphics, feature art and column icons.
Biomedical Learning Resource Center / Graphic Artist March, 1991 – May, 1992
The B.L.R.C assists in the presentation of the results of various research projects conducted by the doctors and professors of the College of
Veterinary Medicine at Texas A&M University.
- Create 800+ digital biomedical and scientific presentation slides per month, including text, graphs, charts and custom graphics.
- Create posters, fliers, graphs and other pieces for publication.
U.T. Health Science Center / Research Technician Level II January, 1990 – May, 1990
Managing a neuropsychological research project conducted for NASA with a team of doctors and engineers investigating
brainwave activity, our research led to the publication of a chapter in the textbook, COGNITIVE ASSESMENT: A MULTIDISCIPLINARY PERSPECTIVE.
- Schedule patients and lab use
- Set up and operate the digital EEG monitoring system.
- Administer a battery of computer-based memory tests to patients while monitoring and digitally recording the EEG output.
- Management and tabulation the resulting data.
- Training/management of student workers.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
BS Journalism – Texas A&M University, May 1992
American Press Institute –
Business Journalism: High-Intensity Business Coverage, Houston, TX February-September 2004
American Guild Of Court Videographers -
Achieved Certification in Court Videography (CCVS), Dallas, TX
- Microsoft Office Suite and FrontPage
- Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Pagemaker
- Net Objects Fusion
MEMBERSHIPS / ASSOCIATIONS
- Approved Vendor, Texas Medical Legal Trust,
- Member: Professional Photographers of America
- Certified Court Video Specialist: American Guild of Court Videographers
- Member by Invitation: First 50 Women Driving Business
Houston West Chamber of Commerce
- Member In Good Standing: American Guild of Court Videographers
- Member by Invitation: Circle of Achievement
Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism
at the American Press Institute
HONORS / AWARDS
- Speaker/Presentation by Invitation of CAI High Rise Advisory Council
April 2008 "Benefits Of Association Websites and the Electronic Brochure"
- Speaker/Presentation by Invitation of CAC-AALNC (Legal Nurse Consultants)
May 2003 "Effective Presentations in Litigation" (CLE credit)
- Speaker/Presentation by Invitation of HTLA (Trial Lawyers Association)
June 2001 "Technology and the Art of Persuasion" (CLE credit)
- Worldwide Web Award, presented by Art Space 2000 for Website Design
December 2000 Judged on originality, design/appearance, service/purpose of site, ease of navigation.
- Runner Up, TTN Photo Contest
September 1996 Participation by Invitation of Lake Conroe Preserve, Thousand Trails
- Honorable Mention, The Texas Renaissance Festival Photo Contest
PORTFOLIO OF CREATIVE WORK
Examples of writing, photography, website design, graphics and multimedia presentations are available online for your review.
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENT LIST
A list of clients that have utilized the services of Rachel Hymel in the past is available online for your review.